We are committed to ensuring that your experience on our site www.rifugiosoldanella.it takes place in full compliance with the protections and rights recognized by the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council, of 27 April 2016 , relating to the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data, as well as to the free circulation of such data and the additional applicable rules on the protection of personal data.
With the term personal data, reference is made to the definition contained in article 4, point 1) of the Regulation, that is “any information concerning an identified or identifiable natural person; the identifiable natural person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, with particular reference to an identifier such as the name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or one or more characteristic elements of his physical identity, physiological, genetic, psychic, economic, cultural or social “.
The processing of personal data is, according to the Regulation, “any operation or set of operations, carried out with or without the aid of automated processes and applied to personal data or sets of personal data, such as collection, registration, organization , the structuring, conservation, adaptation or modification, extraction, consultation, use, communication by transmission, dissemination or any other form of provision, comparison or interconnection, limitation, cancellation or destruction “.
Before processing, it is necessary that the person to whom such personal data belongs, in this case you as a user / visitor of this website, is informed about the reasons for which such data is requested and how it will be used from Rifugio Soldanella by Mauro Taramelli.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are information stored on the hard disk of the user’s terminal and which are sent by the user’s browser to a Web server and which refer to the use of the network. As a result, they allow to know the services, the sites visited and the options that, surfing the net, have been manifested. In other words, cookies are small files, containing letters and numbers, that are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the original site on each subsequent visit, or to a another website that recognizes these cookies. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize the user’s device.
This information is not, therefore, provided spontaneously and directly, but leaves a trace of the user’s browsing on the net.
Cookies perform different functions and allow you to navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences and, more generally, improving your experience. They can also help to ensure that the advertisements shown during browsing are of interest to them and that the marketing activities carried out are in accordance with their preferences, avoiding unwelcome or not in line with the user’s needs.
While browsing on a site, the user can also receive on his terminal cookies that are sent from different websites or web servers (so-called “third parties”), on which certain elements may reside (eg: images, maps, sounds, specific links to pages of other domains) present on the site that he is visiting. Therefore, there may be in this respect:
- Direct cookies , sent directly from a site to the user’s device. This site does not use direct profiling cookies, but only technical cookies (see below).
- Third-party cookies , from a third party but sent on our behalf. This site uses third-party cookies to facilitate the analysis of our website and its use (as described below).
Furthermore, depending on the purpose of using cookies, these can be distinguished in:
- Technical cookies : they are used to allow the transmission of a communication over an electronic communication network or to provide a service specifically requested by the user. They are not used for other purposes. In the technical cookies category, whose use does not require the user’s consent, we distinguish:
- Navigation or session cookies: They guarantee the normal navigation and use of the website (eg: to authenticate and access reserved areas). The use of these cookies (which are not stored permanently on the user’s device and are automatically eliminated when the browser is closed) is strictly limited to transmitting session identifiers (consisting of random numbers generated by the server) necessary to allow safe and efficient site exploration.
- Analytics cookies: if they are used only to collect information in aggregate form, on the number of users who visit the site and how they visit it
- Functional Cookies: They allow the user to browse based on a set of selected criteria (eg: language or services that they have joined) to improve the service rendered to the user.
- Profiling cookies : they are aimed at creating user profiles and used to send targeted promotional messages according to the preferences shown while browsing the web. These cookies can be used for these purposes only with the user’s consent.
Since the cookies used do not perform profiling or have advertising purposes, your consent is not required for use.
- know the total number of visitors on an ongoing basis in addition to the types of browsers (eg Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer) and operating systems (eg Windows or Macintosh) used;
- monitor site performance, including how visitors use it, and improve its functionality.
Which categories of cookies we use and how they can be managed by the user
The types of cookies used can be classified in one of the categories, shown below in the following table:
|Type of cookie||Purpose of the cookie||Origin and how to block it|
|Essential website cookies (session and browsing)||These cookies are essential for correct navigation and to take advantage of the site’s functions. These cookies do not collect personal information that can be used for marketing purposes, nor do they store the sites visited. The use of these cookies (which are not stored permanently on the user’s device and are automatically eliminated when the browser is closed) is strictly limited to the transmission of session identifiers (consisting of random numbers generated by the server) necessary for allow the safe and efficient exploration of the site. This category of cookies cannot be disabled.||(direct cookies)|
|Direct functionality cookies||These cookies allow us to remember the choices made (such as the user name, language or geographical location) and provide improved and personalized functions. The information collected by these cookies can be anonymized and does not keep track of browsing activity on other websites. This category of cookies cannot be disabled.||(direct cookies)|
|Third-party analytics cookies|| These cookies, also the cache cookies, are set by Google Analytics and are used in order to collect information on the way visitors use the site, including the number of visitors, the sites of origin and the pages visited on our website. We use this information to compile reports and to improve our website; this allows us, for example, to know any errors detected by users and to ensure immediate navigation, to easily find what they are looking for. In general, these cookies remain on the visitor’s computer until they are deleted.
All data is collected in an “anonymized” form.
|Google Analytics (third party) https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/|
|Third-party cookies||Widget Google Maps (Google Inc.)
Google Maps is a map visualization service managed by Google Inc. that allows you to integrate these contents within your pages.
|Third-party cookies||Widget Video YouTube (Google Inc.)
YouTube is a video content visualization service managed by Google Inc. that allows you to integrate such content within your pages.
How to manage cookies?
You can refuse the registration of cookies on your hard disk by configuring the browser to disable cookies.
Below are the methods offered by the main browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
However, after this operation, some functions of the web pages may not be performed correctly.
Attention: Disabling or removing cookies may compromise the correct use of some features of the Site.
Personal data processing